If you haven’t been to Ulta, it is a super “girly” store…. buuut I love it! Couldn’t we all use a little more pink and estrogen in our lives from time to time?!
My thoughts on Ulta:
Overall average priced, and I don’t see a difference between them and Sephora, but they do carry a large inventory of products from some of the top cosmetic producers such as Nars, Tarte, Loreal, Revlon, and Urban decay.
HOWEVER Black Friday at
Ulta isn’t without highlights! I had to search the shelves for discounts, but I found a product that is now one of my favorite things! Its a long-lasting beautifully colored Revlon lip gloss – and I got it for only $2.50. Ladies, this is my absolutely FAVORITE makeup bag product!!
Here’s the product information: Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain lip gloss in 001 (India Intrigue).
What I like about:
- Not very sticky (dries in a few second WITHOUT drying out your lips)
- Takes about 4 hours of eating, drinking, and living life to see any fading
- The fading that does occur, occurs evenly on the lip – a big deal to me as I am always on the go!
with the product:
- If your lips are dry the color doesn’t apply evenly
Tip: rub lips in circular motion with a damp cloth to remove dead skin. Apply lip balm. Wait about 5 mins and then apply lip gloss for a much more even coat!
While at Ulta I also purchased the Super BB #InstaReady foundation from Physicians Formula, in the color light/medium.
- has an added primer
- added concealer
- matte finish
- Natural tone
- Full coverage (don’t let the BB foul you this guy does his job!!)
- Even though I have oily skin, my face didn’t appear oily until the end of the day!
- Great Value (retails for about $14)
- I wish it had a more natural finish. I love when you look great, your makeup lasts… but when it doesn’t look like you are wearing makeup. This foundation does leave you looking flawless, but you can tell you’re wearing makeup. Don’t love that.
Hint: I am wearing both the lip gloss and the foundation in my picture!
Some of you might be wondering about my elf matte lip color (since you don’t find that at Ulta, pretty sure I got that one from the grocery store haha). This beauty retails for only $3 and in this beautiful pecan is STUNNING!
The elf lip color is matte and lasts for a couple of hours without fading. I love the color and never have to worry about the product getting on my teeth when I talk – I love that!